An icemaker is an amazing asset to have at home. These portable devices are great to entertain guest on special occasions or just family get together. Not just that, you can use it for your home bar and on bruises, bumps and scrapes.
This kitchenware is available in two different types, automatic ice makers as well as manual trays. Both these devices have their own benefits and drawbacks. Each model comes in different sizes, quantity of ice it makes, colours, and prices. You could purchase an icemaker as per your requirements. With icemakers, there are a ton of different brands availabe such as: Edgestar, Magic Chef, Avalon Bay, etc. One of my favorite brands is Edgestar, here’s some high detailed Edgestar ice maker reviews so you can see for yourself.
Why people prefer to have icemaker?
The answer is quite simple, as it allows you to make ice in huge quantity within a matter of few minutes. Whether it is for home or commercial purposes, you can expect quality ice anytime you like. They can make different types of ice like
- Cubes: It is the standard shape which doesn’t melt easily, but is not chewable.
- Half cube: It is smaller in size, takes less space, maximum cooling effect, and therefore preferred by most homemakers.
- Gourmet: Larger in size, crystal clear in appearance, takes considerable time to melt, and thus so used to serve hot drinks.
- Nugget: It is used in health care industry in large quantity because of its small size.
- Flakes: It is mainly used in culinary purpose. It is used mainly to preserve food items
Which type of icemaker will be best to purchase?
It depends upon your usage. Portable or built-in icemaker will be perfect for home use where the utility is limited. Here’s a list of some of the best portable ice maker reviews 2014, this list covers all the pros and cons of each ice maker so you end up getting the best one for your home.
For commercial use like restaurants, bars, hospitals and laboratories, where large quantity of ice is needed constantly, bigger and more productive types will be perfect. One popular brand that is well known in the restaurant industry is Manitowoc.
- Modular: It is quite efficient to make 250 to 1000 pounds a day.
- Undercounter: It makes 350 pounds of ice cubes a day. It includes storage bin and ice making unit.
- Counter top: It is to make small size nuggets ice used mainly in health care centres.
Features needed to be verified while buying the appliance:
The icemaker should get switched off automatically, when the ice making process is completed. Some people prefer to use units with timer settings. Find out which shape ice does it produces and what if you need a variety of shapes. Consider the time it takes to give the desired result. The procedure to make ice needs to be simple.
It should not leak or stop functioning while the making ice. Buy the product that comes with warrantee and guarantee. Although you can install the icemaker yourself, it is advisable that you take professional assistance. Quality of ice depends upon the water purity. Therefore, icemaker having in build water filter will be better to buy.
While buying an icemaker online, you need to make sure that you purchase from a reputed vendor website. Make sure to read the customer comments below the products, before placing an order. This will help you learn which model to go with depending upon your needs. You could also compare the prices of different vendors to bag the best deal.